Wednesday, November 16, 2011

What's in a message? Toni W.


Mesa College Art Building


First proposed message



Placement of first message on Mesa College Art Building


 What's in a message?
The public art project I am proposing would involve infusing inspirational quotes and supporting artwork around the San Diego Mesa Community College campus. This project has two very specific objectives.
One is to create subliminal messages to the students and teachers that will inspire them to learn and apply their knowledge in ways that will benefit not just themselves, but the community, country and even the world - the greater good.
Two is the drab appearance of the campus will be brightened and enhanced with meaningful designs with splashes color.  The overall effect will be uplifting and encouraging rather than a feeling of oppression and depression.


15 comments:

  1. I like the quote and how its spread along the side of the building. Fits very well. -Corita Cazares

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice message. I like the colors to brighten up an otherwise "blah" building. -Roxie P.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool idea, I think it would really inspire students. I agree the message you chose brightens up the wall quite nicely. - Kim Lam

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the idea of having inspirational quotes spread through out the campus. I often forget about great quotes after I hear of them, and this would be a great reminder.

    -Leslie L

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the idea to bring in some color to the campus. -Naoko O

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really believe in this quote and I think this is a great way to send the message to all the students and teachers. Especially the colors will draw attention and make the campus more beautiful.
    Binazir Asadi

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors of this. Adds life to the blah.- Emee A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like your concept and the idea of using inspirational quotes. Patricia Eidelwein

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think this is a good message to have on the campus.

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's nice to be reminded of the magnitude of the entire world. -Joe

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gandhi is an excellent source to quote. Very appropriate for a school. Ben H.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is the perfect place to put a positive message like this. It would be nice to have others like this around campus as well. -Johnnie R.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love this piece - the colors and message are really great. - Stephanie Huynh

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the colors, message, and placement. Good job. -Tania Kelvin

    ReplyDelete